Wear clothing that is comfortable, it is important that clothes are not too tight and not too wide. leggings or shorts are preferable so that the shape of the legs and knees are visible. Yoga is done barefoot so ensure your feet are clean.
Think about when to eat before coming to a yoga class. Yoga with a full stomach is uncomfortable and may cause nausea. Best to take a light snack 1 hour beforehand. Drinking during class is not advised, refrain from drinking until after class.
Do’s & Dont’s
- Be on time, preferable arrive 10 to 15 minutes before the class begins
- Inform the teacher beforehand of any injuries or concerns you may have
- Bring a towel if you have a tendency to sweat a lot
- Turn your mobile phone off during the lesson
- No lotions, creams or oils, refrain from using strong perfumes before class
- Bring a jumper or sweatshirt to wear during relaxation
- Don’t compare yourself with others in class, yoga is not a competition and you are where you need to be
- Know your limits and respect them
- Be open to trying something new