Yoga is universal and thus for everyone. It is a philosophy and an attitude to life. By practicing postures designed to stretch and open the body, blood is circulated through the entire system. Your body remains more easily in health, muscles become long and strong and balance and co-ordination skills are improved. The troubled mind is enabled to rest (naturally), and you learn to cope better with stress. After a yoga class you feel rested & yet energetic.
The asanas (postures) help towards:
- A strong, supple & energetic body
- Improved posture
- Better circulation of blood which nourishes the whole system (organic, nervous, metabolic etc)
- Developing a deeper self-reflection and awareness
- Greater perseverance, decisiveness and confidence
- Better clarity and concentration
- A sense of well-being
We live in an age where our lifestyles are more sedentary and repetitive movements commonplace. A time where we’re constantly bombarded with information and struggle to balance our work and family time. Yoga is an antidote to the stresses of our modern lives, helping to relieve physical complaints such as rsi, back, neck & shoulder conditions and disorders such as insomnia. Yoga helps bring back harmony into our lives.